TECHNICAL OPERATOR / SOIL TECHNICIAN / FIELD SOIL TECHNICIAN (SA) --- APPLICATIONS CLOSED
Due to continued growth, FMG Research (our NATA accredited soil, concrete and materials testing laboratory) is seeking candidates to fill a number of positions within our laboratory testing team as Technical Operator, Soil Technician and Field Soil Technician.
The roles available vary from entry level to experienced soil technicians. While experience is not essential, a strong work ethic, willingness to listen and learn, along with the ability to follow procedures methodically and take direction from senior staff are essential to this position.
- Undertake routine laboratory testing of soil, concrete and aggregates in accordance with AS1289, AS1012 and AS1141
- Carry out designated tests strictly in accordance with laboratory procedures
- Ensure testing outputs are met and exceeded
- Maintain and set up equipment for use in testing
- Operate and calibrate instruments
- Classify and log samples to AS1726
Skills and Experience
Applicants possessing any of the following will be highly regarded:
- TAFE or similar course in laboratory testing or related discipline
- Year 12 SACE Certificate
- Strong employment record
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Ability to follow procedures methodically and take direction
- Experience in soils, concrete and aggregate testing in accordance with AS1289, AS1012 and AS1141
- Deemed to be proficient to carry out soil, concrete and aggregate testing
In return we offer a very competitive salary with overtime, career and personal development opportunities.
These positions are for an immediate start.
If you are interested in these opportunities, please submit your resume and a cover letter (addressing which of the above mentioned criteria makes you suitable for a position) via Seek or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.