SITE | Aldinga SA
CLIENT | City of Onkaparinga
CONSTRUCTION VALUE | $5.45 Million
PROJECT PERIOD | Feb 2013 - June 2017
Featuring a multi-functional town square and main street, a new library, council customer-service centre, a refurbished youth centre and interactive public art spaces Aldinga District Centre has reinvigorated the community whilst improving passive security and increasing main-street appeal.
FMG Engineering’s worry-free process allowed our client to focus on maintaining positive community support throughout the planning stages which resulted in the successful purchase of the required land to make the project possible.
A unique civil design was developed to activate and enrich the public realm whilst minimising the engineering and associated works - This saved our client from costly infrastructure changes.
The new Town Square reflects the coastal lifestyle of the community. The design seamlessly incorporates the existing infrastructure whilst providing provisions for future works – Resulting in lower costs for future projects.
Effective environmental remediation allowed for an existing “dump” site to be transformed into a vibrant communal meeting space that now connects the community with surrounding facilities – Increasing the utilisation of council amenities.
- FMG's comprehensive knowledge of the site and public requirements, coupled with our integrated service offering allowed our client to value engineer their project plans – reducing overall costs.
- The vehicle and pedestrian areas are linked with a unique civil design that achieved the client’s aesthetic vision and reduced the engineering requirements, saving our client from excessive costs.
- Environmentally sympathetic Water Sensitive Urban Design improves the carpark stormwater runoff to maintain the green areas – Reducing council water bills and waterway pollution.
- Tailored remediation decreased environmental pollution by re-purposing an illegal dumping zone – increasing the environmental health of the public space.
- New “main street” was designed to work with the existing structures and facilitate future growth, reducing the impact on the residents and maintaining community satisfaction.
- Working with the client every step of the way from concept and community consultation to final documentation - Reduced risks and maintained strong community support.