SITE | Two Wells, South Australia
CLIENT | Perfection Fresh
CONSTRUCTION VALUE | $200 million
Currently the largest in the southern hemisphere, the Perfection Fresh glass house covers approximately 100 hectares producing vine-ripened tomatoes for the Australian grocery market.
Our complementary specialist teams meant Perfection Fresh could engage FMG Engineering in the initial planning stages and confidently progress through the 5 build phases with the same project team - Reducing risk and keeping the project on time.
FMG’s collaborative approach to engineering and project management ensured all aspects of the project were considered. FMG Engineered Perfection Fresh’s success by producing an efficient, adaptive and cutting-edge facility that is perfectly suited to their needs.
- Multi-discipline project team delivered extensive geotechnical, stormwater, civil and bulk earthwork designs – Optimising the site's operational efficiency and sustainability.
- Practical civil design due to a clear understanding of transport / vehicle requirements optimising logistical access across the site.
Key Project Features
- Bulk earthworks grading to achieve a level foundation
- Stormwater design - evaporation dam and lined storage pond designs
- Effluent disposal design
- 300 vehicle staff carpark
- Loading dock design
- Turning zone for B-double and semi-trailer vehicles
- Underground service coordination for over 30 different underground and specialist glasshouse services including:
- Reverse osmosis pipelines
- Footings for cold and heat storage tanks up to 20m tall by 16m diameter
- Fire access roads
- Management of overland flood paths through and around the site
- Slab designs for packing sheds
- Co-generation plants and numerous other buildings
- Bunding around hazardous chemicals (diesel tanks, etc)
- Concrete paths for autonomous robotic packing trolleys.